Family Visa

Entry Permit Residence (Family Visa - Wife & Children)-Dubai

How can I apply for family visa in Dubai?

Entry (Residence) Permit for Family of Expatriate

New rule effective from 20/03/2016. Now Family visa procedure is easier than before. If you have all required documents ready, all steps can be completed from authorized Typing Centre. No need to visit Immigration office.

All charges, including Deposits, Guarantees, Courier and file opening fees will be processed through typing centre. Refund can be processed only to the sponsor’s Bank Account. IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the Sponsor (applicant) is required.

You need to visit the immigration (GDRFA) only if such SMS received. You will receive application status SMS about approval or modification. White colour Visa will be mailed to applicant's E-mail address after approval. If you need pink colour visa, you can visit any GDRFA Dubai branch after receiving approval SMS. No extra fee. Passengers from certain countries need pink colour visa for Emigration clearance.

Below mentioned documents are required in original for scanning at the typing centre.
    • Passport Copies (colour) of Wife and children.
    • One photograph (white background) of each sponsored person
    • Sponsor's original passport and Emirates ID.
    • Original Marriage Certificate attested from UAE Embassy in Home Country and Foreign Affairs in UAE. For attestation requirements, Call: +97150-538 3545.
    • Original Birth Certificate attested (for child) attested from UAE Embassy in Home Country and Foreign Affairs in UAE.
    • Original Birth Certificate EJARI Certificate & Electricity Bill. If you live out of Dubai, Municipality attested Tenancy Contract and Electricity Bill. Tenancy/Ejari should be in the name of the applicant or spouse.
    • Original Labour Contract. Minimum Salary Dh3000 + Accommodation or Dh4000). Labour Contract can be printed from Tas’heel Centre on payment of Dh53.Passport copy is enough for
      printing Labour Contract. No need attestation.
    • Original Salary Certificate (for Free Zone / Semi Government / Government Staff)
    • Visa Fee Dh360 and Dh210 for file opening charge.(Typing charge extra)If you have paid for file opening before, bring the receipt for scanning.
    • If the sponsor is Government or Semi-government Staff, application Fees: Dh310 (Typing charge extra).
    • Last three months bank statement. Online print will not be accepted.
    • IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the Sponsor (applicant).
    • Confirmation letter in Arabic for daughter older than 18, stating that she is still not married. Parent (sponsor) has to be signed on the letter.

Weak professions include: Follow up clerk, Archives Clerk, Insurance Clerk, Sales, Sales Representative, Sales Executive etc.
For Sales Executive: Dh4000 salary and Company provided Transportation is must (Transportation by First Party in Contract)
Non-eligible professions include: Light Vehicle Driver, Messenger, Eye Glasses Salesman, Maintenance Mechanic General etc.
ENTRY: Visa holder should enter UAE within 60 days from the date of
issue and should complete Emirates
, Medical and Visa
within 60 days from the date of
entry/status change. If
the the visa holder couldn't enter UAE within 60 days from the date of
visa issue, visa can be renewed against payment of Dh360+typing
charge. This renewal is allowed two times.

INSIDE COUNTRY: If the family is inside country on cancelled visa or Visit or Tourist Visa , application fee: Dh1030 (typing charge
extra). After get issued the visa, type Status
form from Typing Centre.
STATUS CHANGEFee: Fee: Dh510 (typing charge extra). After typing, take the receipt,
original passport and visa to any Immigration branch and collect status change proof.

    • After Status Change,  type Emirates
      , Medical and Visa

IF THE SPONSOR IS INVESTOR /PARTNER: the following additional documents are required:

    • Dh3020 Deposit for each
      family member. This amount is refundable after cancellation of the
      visa (Effective from 01/08/2014).
    • Trade License copy & partners List (second page of license)
    • LLC Agreement (share value should not be less than Dh70,000
If the sponsor is Mother: NOC in Arabic from husband to sponsor the child by mother. If the husband is out of UAE, NOC has to be attested by UAE Embassy abroad and Ministry of Foreign Affairs inside the UAE. read more
Click herefor the procedures of visa stamping after entry.
To prepare your Family Visa application; call
Naif (Deira): 04-259 6260, 050-538 3545
Bur Dubai: 04-358 6215
Hor Al Anz: (Deira): 04-265 8373, 050-715 0562
Qusais: 04-239 1302


Immigration Help Line: 800 5111


SRI LANKAN, INDONESIAN, ETHIOPIAN residents should present Medical Certificate for their wife (children above 18) from their home country at the time of applying for family visa (applied for all emirates).


EMIGRATION CLEARANCE FROM INDIA: No need immigration clearance for wife when she comes on Residence Visa under husband's sponsorship.


BANGLADESH: There is restriction on Family/Employment/Visit/Tourist visa for Bangladeshi nationals.


Frequently Asked Questions

You can go to Tas heel Centrewith your passport copy. They will print your contract true copy same time. Fee: Dh53.

No need to visit Immigration. Once you submitted online application through typing centre, you will receive visa through your e-mail.

No. You should have stamped visa on your passport to apply for family visa. Your labour contract also should be shown at the Immigration to prove your salary. Labour Contract will be issued only after stamping your visa.

If the above mentioned documents are correct, visa will be issued same day.

Yes, it is acceptable. You should attach wife's passport copy and Marriage Certificate.

Yes, you can refund self visa deposit amount after you deposited Dh3020 for each of your dependent's visa. This facility is available at Immigration head office, Jafliya. STEPS: Submit family visa application online through typing centre, Pay new deposit through online, Get family Visa issued, Go to refund counter with original deposit receipt of self visa, Get seal on the receipt No Objection for Refund. Go to Dubai Commercial Bank Immigration Brach Counter, Pay Dh10 as service charge and collect the cash. This facility is available at Immigration head office, Jafliya.
If you have lost your deposit receipt, you should pay Dh70 at Immigration counter to get new receipt in lieu of lost.

You can generate it through the concerned bank site.

Emirates NBD
RAK Bank
Dubai Islamic Bank
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank