Travel Agency license in Dubai
Dubai is one of the most-preferred travel locations amongst many other countries across the globe. The Government of the UAE is continually building various plans and strategies to make Dubai one of the most sought out tourism places in the World. The favorable climate conditions, marvelous buildings, architectural monuments, incredible coast are the many reasons that make Dubai city to be one of the most favorite locations for many people across the nation.
These conditions also pave the way for running a successful travel agency business in Dubai.
What are the different tasks and activities permitted under the Travel Agency License?
The Government of Dubai enlists the following tasks and activities to be permissible to be carried out and provided as services to the customers by any travel agency.
- The travel agency can assist during the process of visa issuance
- The travel agency can also provide accommodation options to the customers
- The travel agency is permitted to create tour packages and market it through various channels
- The travel agency is allowed to sell plane tickets
- The travel agency is allowed to get travel insurance for the customers
- The travel agency is allowed to sell tourist packages through website online
What are the steps in the procedure to obtain a Travel Agency License in Dubai?
It is mandatory to acquire the Travel Agency License to accomplish your dream of establishing a Travel Agency in Dubai.The following steps might help you understand the crux of the entire procedure of acquiring a Travel Agency License in Dubai:-
What are the types of Travel Agency Licenses in Dubai?
There are three types of Travel and Tourism Agency in Dubai that requires to be decided in order to obtain a license for the same.
The three types of licenses are:-
- As a Travel Agent
- As an Inbound Operator
- As an Outbound Operator
1. As a Travel Agent
The tasks and activities as a travel agent is restricted to booking the air tickets on behalf of an authorized agent. They are permitted to perform seat reservation and booking tickets and hotel rooms and accommodation facilities on behalf of the agent.
2. As an Inbound Operator
The license as an inbound operator is provided to the firms that organize local tourism for foreigners that attend the conferences or visit Dubai for other purposes, they take care of the entire procedure from visa issuance, air tickets, transportation as well as their accommodation.
3. As an outbound tour operator
The firms that intend to sell abroad tourism packages opt for this type of license wherein they can organize as well as sell via other travel and tourism agents.
What are the documents required?
The required documents have to be classified and gathered once the type of license for the firm is determined by the travel agency.
- The firm is required to get a No Objection Letter from the Civil Aviation Authority
- The firm is required to provide a copy of the valid passport of all the staff members
- The firm is required to provide a clear criminal record and a certificate of good conduct of the owner
- The firm is required to fill an application form that is provided by the authorities
- The firm is required to provide a certificate of professional qualification or work experience of the manager
- The firm is required to provide economic and technical feasibility of the study project
What are the other criteria and conditions?
There are certain special conditions to be followed by an individual or the company. Following are the conditions:-
- If the firm or an individual intends to acquire the license as a travel agent, then they need to acquire an approval on behalf of the Department of the Civil Aviation of the Emirate
- If the firm is registered and acquired a license as an inbound tour operator, they need to produce an irrevocable bank guarantee in the to the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing issued by any bank in Dubai(DTCM)
- If the firm is registered as an Outbound Tour Operator, they need to produce 200,000 AED as an irrevocable bank guarantee issued by any bank in Dubai to DTCM (Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing)
- The travel agency needs to be set up as LLC with just 49% of foreign investment while 51% invested by the local sponsor
- The manager of the travel agency needs to hold a minimum of three years of experience and a graduation degree in travel and tourism or a minimum of five years fo experience if the educational qualification is lesser and they hold just a secondary certificate
The firm is required to submit all the necessary documents to the Department of Economic Development in Dubai (DED). After submitting the documents, the DED would provide initial approval to the agency, they need to fill a form with the complete location address of the office. The DED would then inspect the location and provide further approval. The legal translator stamp is necessary if the LLC and MoA agreement are not in Arabic.
Once every document is ready, they need to make payment at the counter and obtain the license.
Once, they receive the license, they need to register the same at the Dubai Chamber.
The license is valid for one year and has to be renewed after one year.
Our experts will help you complete the entire procedure in a hassle-free manner.